- 4 pounds golden creamer or dutch marble potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp horseradish or 1 cup coarsely grated fresh horseradish
- 2 tbsp cooking water
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Put the potatoes into a large pot, add the bay leaves, 2 tablespoons salt and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and drain the water from the potatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking water. Smash potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the sour cream, butter, horseradish and season well with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped fresh chives.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market