Makes 6 servings
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs (about 1-1/2 lbs. per rack)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mesquite-flavored marinade
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 whole medium onion, peeled
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce (mild or spicy)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a large stockpot, place both racks of ribs; add enough water to cover ribs. Add marinade, bay leaves and onion.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. (This will create foam on top.) Reduce to medium-low heat; simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are just tender. Remove ribs from cooking liquid; drain on rimmed baking sheet. Heat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F.).
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Brush over both sides of ribs. Place ribs on grill, bone side down, close lid. Grill for 7 minutes, turn and grill 7 minutes more.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market