Makes 9 servings
- 18 whole chicken wings, split
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice, lime peel, garlic, salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the flour in a plastic bag and shake the chicken wings in the flour to coat.
- In a large skillet, fry the chicken wings in hot, 1 inch deep oil until cooked through. Place the cooked wings in the honey/lime mixture and toss to coat well. Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market