- 1 small spaghetti squash, about 2 1/4 pounds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed soft herbs, such as basil, chives, chervil, parsley and sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise and place, cut side down in a baking dish. Add enough water to come 1/2 inch up the sides of the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a paring knife. Turn squash over and cover with foil again and continue to cook another 15 minutes, until squash is very tender. Remove from the oven, uncover, and allow to cool slightly. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and discard. Using a fork, gently pull the strands of squash away from the peel and place the squash strands into a mixing bowl.
- Heat a skillet. Add the butter, spaghetti squash, herbs, salt and pepper and toss thoroughly but gently to heat and combine. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market