Crusty French bread and baked potatoes with butter are terrific alongside the eggs and asparagus. Add a fresh fruit tart from the bakery, and you'll know that this is definitely not breakfast.
- 1 pound slender asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup creamy garlic and herb cheese (such as Boursin)
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 10 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp. butter
- Cook asparagus in medium skillet of boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain; return asparagus to skillet.
- Mix cheese and basil in small bowl. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; stir until eggs are almost set, about 1 minute. Add cheese mixture and stir until cheese melts and eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon butter to asparagus in skillet and stir over medium heat. Divide asparagus among 4 plates; spoon eggs over and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market