Makes 6 servings
- 2-2 1/2 lbs center sirloin tip roast
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine parsley, thyme, oil, garlic and black pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare, but watch it CLOSELY. We strongly recommend using a meat thermometer with this one.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare. (Do not overcook.) Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Carve roast into THIN slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market