Delicious with toasted bread, as presented here, or with celery sticks, red bell pepper strips or Belgian endive leaves.
- 5 ounces (about 3/4 cup) soft fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 16 French-bread baguette slices, toasted
- Place goat cheese in small bowl. Mix thyme, lemon peel and garlic in another small bowl; season with ground black pepper.
- Mix half of thyme mixture into goat cheese. Add olive oil to remaining half of thyme mixture.
- Form cheese into 2 1/2-inch round; flatten slightly. Place in center of plate. Spoon oil-thyme mixture over top of cheese. Surround cheese with baguette slices and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market