Makes 10 servings
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pieces of 2 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed (thick end)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ½ tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 ½ tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 6 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rub 1 tablespoon oil over each beef piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 2 large nonstick skillets over high heat. Add 1 beef piece to each; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place beef pieces in large roasting pan. Mix 6 tablespoons oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme and 2 tablespoons rosemary in small bowl. Coat top and sides of beef pieces with mustard, then with herb mixture.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125°F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to platter. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef into ½ inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with remaining ½ tablespoon each of thyme and rosemary.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market