- 3 1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork spareribs, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 14-ounce can low-salt chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Stir-fried Cabbage
- Saute cabbage with Lemon and Olive oil
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 of pork to pot and saute until brown, about 6 minutes; transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add garlic, green onions, and ginger to pot; saute 1 minute. Return pork and any juices to pot. Add 1 1/2 cups broth, soy sauce, sugar, crushed red pepper, and five-spice powder; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until pork is very tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining broth and cornstarch in cup to dissolve; mix into pork. Simmer until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool slightly and chill. Rewarm over low heat.) Serve pork with cabbage.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market