This recipe is Gluten Free from Thanksgiving Gluten Free Cooking Class 2012.
- 2 tbsp aged sherry vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large cipollini onion, sliced
- 3/4 pound wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, blanched and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallot, garlic, mustard, hazelnut oil and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cipollini and sauté until tender and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool to room temperature. Return the pan to the heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté until liquid has released and mushrooms are lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, toss beans, sautéed onion, berries and warm mushrooms with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 plates and garnish with nuts and cheese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market