- 1 ½ to 2 pounds fresh or frozen halibut or other fish steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 4 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- ½ chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Place on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Brush with half of the melted margarine; sprinkle with pepper.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat 5 minutes; turn fish.
- Brush with remaining melted margarine. Broil 3 to 7 minutes more or till fish flakes easily with fork.
- For sauce, cook onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon margarine till tender. Stir flour into sour cream; stir in broth.
- Add to onion mixture. Cook and stir till bubbly. Stir in sherry. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Serve over fish.
- Grill directions: Thaw fish, if frozen. Place fish on a greased grill rack. Brush with half of the melted margarine; sprinkle with pepper. Grill on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 5 minutes. Turn fish. Brush with remaining melted margarine. Grill for 3 to 7 minutes more. Meanwhile, prepare sauce as above. Serve with grilled fish.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market