Serves 6-8 people
- 1 lb 5 oz Gruyere Cheese
- 1 lb 5 oz Emmenthal Cheese
- 6 small glasses of very dry white wine
- 6 Tbsp Kirsch
- 3-4 cloves of garlic; cut into pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Baguette bread (day old is best to add more body and wonv¢Ç¨Ñ¢t crumble as much)
- Remove the rind from the cheeses and grate with a large hole grater. Peel the garlic, take a piece and rub the fondue pot generously with it.
- Place the thin strips of cheese into the fondue pot; add the garlic. Pour the wine and kirsch over the cheese; season with pepper. (If you use cornstarch, dissolve it in the wine before pouring over cheese)
- Let the cheese melt over very low heat, stirring constantly to obtain a smooth mixture. Keep the fondue pot over the heat source throughout the meal.
- Serve with cubes of bread presented in a basket.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market