- 3 cups light cream
- 7 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1/4 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3/4 cup white wine (more or less depending on taste
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, flour, and Worcestershire sauce, and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, sauté onion in butter with bouillon cubes over high heat, stirring until cubes are completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cream mixture, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Gradually add cheeses, and stir until melted and smooth. Mixture will become very thick.
- Add wine a little at a time and mix well. Wine tends to thin out mixture, so add as much as needed to reach desired consistency and flavor.
- Transfer the fondue to a heated fondue pot and keep warm over low heat.
- Accompaniments:Lightly toasted French bread cubes, Fresh cooked shrimp, or Steamed broccoli
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market