Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2/3 packet of onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp favorite spice blend
- Chunks of Mozzarella cheese (desired amount)
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until softened. Stir in flour and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mix 2/3 packet of onion soup mix and chunks of mozzarella cheese, and favorite spice blend into ground beef.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, onion, 2 tablespoons mushroom sauce, salt and remaining pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Separate crescent dough into two rectangles on a baking sheet. Seal perforations. Place meat loaf on each rectangle. Bring edges together and pinch to seal.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 24-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into meat loaf reads 160 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, warm remaining sauce over low heat; stir in parsley. Serve sauce with Wellingtons.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market