- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 lb. Boar's Head Sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup beer or apple cider
- 1/4 cup Boar's Head Deli Style mustard
- 1 lb. Boar's Head Kielbasa
- 1/4 stick butter, softened
- 8 slices Gooseberries Pretzel rolls or marble rye bread
- 8 slices Boar's Head Baby Swiss Cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup Boar's Head Vidalia Onion Relish
- Preheat a griddle pan to medium-high heat.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the seeds a couple of minutes then stir in sauerkraut, beer or cider, and mustard and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut kielbasa into 4 portions and split the sausage pieces in half across, opening them up.
- Grill the sausages on the hot griddle until crispy on both sides, about 7 to 8 minutes total.
- Wipe some of the grease off the griddle and drop heat to low.
- Lightly butter 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Build butter-side-out sandwiches of grilled Kielbasa, sauerkraut, and 2 slices of cheese; spread the top of each sandwich with Vidalia Onion Relish before setting in place.
- Grill the sandwiches on the griddle until crispy. Cut and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market