Makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp rice or cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloved garlic, smashed
- 4 rib eye steaks or other grilling steak, 6 oz each
- Ginger Butter:
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro, parsley or green onion
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp grated gingerroot
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Mix Ginger Butter ingredients together. Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a log, roll up and refrigerate until firm.
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a shallow dish. Add steaks, turning to coat, and marinated for 20 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Reserving marinade, place steaks on greased grill over medium-high heat; brush generously with marinade. Close lid until desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a warmed plate, tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes. Slice butter into rounds; place on steaks.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market