Makes 8 servings
- 4 firm, ripe peaches, halved and pitted, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsps Amaretto, Nocello or other nut-flavored liqueur
- Toasted sliced almonds, garnish
- White chocolate curls, garnish
- Prepare a grill or broiler. In a bowl, toss the peach halves with the Amaretto and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the peaches, cut sides down, on the grill and cook until marked and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cut into quarters.
- Transfer to desert bowls or plates and top each with a scoop of the mousse. Garnish with the sliced almonds and grated white chocolate, and serve.
- In the top of a double boiler or in a medium metal bowl, combine the corn syrup and water and whisk until smooth. Add the egg yolks and Amaretto, place over a pot of simmering water and beat with an electric mixer until very thick and ribbons form.
- Remove from the heat and continue to beat until cool. Fold in the vanilla and whipped cream until just blended. Fold in the reserved almond paste. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market