- Peaches, 1 for each person
- ½ cup sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Halve the peaches, remove pits. Drizzle with about 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, brown sugar, remaining lemon juice and black pepper. Boil until reduced by about half.
- Place peaches cut-side down on a hot lightly oiled grill. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes, or until there are grill marks. Turn over and baste the cut sides with the vinegar mixture. Cover the grill and cook for about 3 more minutes, or until softened.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market