Makes 2 servings
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup Merlot wine
- 1 tbsp onion soup mix
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 (1 inch thick) New York Strip steaks
- ¼ cup taco seasoning mix
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeno, sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add Merlot and reduce by half over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth. Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill pan over high heat. Season steaks with taco seasoning. Spray pan with cooking spray and grill to desired doneness.
- Serve steaks with chocolate Merlot sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market