- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill (divided)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds medium asparagus spears
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound snow peas
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 bunches green onions
- Whip cream with electric mixer until just firm. Place chunks of cream cheese, 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley and 1 tablespoon dill, all of the chives, the dried thyme, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor. Add 1/4 cup of the whipped cream. Process, pulsing machine often, several seconds or longer until mixture is smooth and pale green in color. Remove cream cheese mixture to a medium mixing bowl and fold in remaining whipped cream, parsley and dill.
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap (can be prepared a day in advance. Bring to room temperature an hour before serving).
- For vegetables, cut off and discard tough bases from asparagus spears. Bring large skillet filled halfway with water to boil over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons salt and the asparagus. Cook until asparagus is barely tender, only about 2 minutes. (Don't over cook until too limp to use in dip.) Remove spears to a colander using slotted spoon. (Leave skillet with water on stove but turn off heat.) Rinse spears under cold running water until cool which will stop cooked process and keep asparagus green and firm. Pat asparagus dry.
- Bring skillet of water to a boil again, adding more water if needed. Add snow peas and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to colander, then rinse under cold running water until cool and pat dry.
- Rinse and dry unpeeled cucumber, then cut it on sharp diagonal into 1/4 inch thick slices.Trim root ends and all but 4 inches from green stems of green onions.All vegetables can be prepared in advance; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature an hour before using.
- To serve, place bowl of dip on serving plate. Arrange bunches of asparagus spears, snow peas, green onions and cucumbers around dip.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market