- 2 pounds purple and/or fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup chopped mixed fresh herbs such as chives, garlic chives, thyme, parsley, mint and summer savory leaves
- Mustard shallot vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tbsp finely chopped shallots or scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large kettle simmer potatoes in salted water to cover until tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes, and drain in a large colander. In a large saucepan, cook beans in 3 inches salted boiling water over high heat until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. With tongs or a slotted spoon transfer beans to colander with potatoes and drain well.
- In a large bowl toss together warm potatoes, beans, herbs, dressing and salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
- Mustard Shallot Vinaigrette; 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon-style mustard, 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or scallions, Salt and pepper to taste, ¼ cup white wine vinegar, ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients except the oil. Slowly add the oil in a stream.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market