Makes 4 servings
- 1/ 2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, water and salt and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add flour and whisk until smooth.
- With an electric mixer beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating between additions. Add all but 2 Tablespoons of cheese to the mixture and beat until combined.
- Place dollops of dough onto the baking sheet with a 1 Tablespoon ice cream scoop or large spoon, about 2Äù apart.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 28 minutes or until golden and risen. Lower temperature to 400 degrees F. Pierce each gougere through the bottom with a skewer and put back in the oven.
- Bake for 8 more minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market