- 5 cups of gooseberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 3 medium egg whites
- Boil the gooseberries until tender and purée them through a food mill.
- Prepare a syrup with sugar and water, cooking it to the small-thread stage. Allow the syrup cool.
- Beat the egg whites to a froth, then combine them with the gooseberry purée and beat until the mixture looks white.
- Add the syrup to the gooseberry mixture and beat together until it is all froth.
- Pour into individual cups and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market