- 3 cups fresh gooseberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- Stem (if needed) and rinse berries.
- Crush 1/2 cup berries in the bottom of a saucepan. Combine sugar, tapioca, and salt; mix with crushed berries. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and add in remaining whole berries.
- Pour fruit filling into pastry. Adjust top crust , cut slits for escape of steam. Brush with milk and sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market