This recipe is Gluten Free.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz. crimini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 oz. goat cheese softened
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsely, for garnish
- To prepare the chicken, lay the chicken breast on a piece of plastic wrap. Place another piece on top and pound with a mallet or rolling pin until each breast is about 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- Stem the crimini mushrooms and put the caps and stems in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Melt the butter in a medium size saute pan over medium high heat and then add the mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms have released thier liquid and the liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. This is called duxelles. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Coat each chicken with 2 tablespoons of goat cheese and top with 1/4 cup duxelles. Roll up each chicken breast burrito-style: begin from the bottom, roll into the middle and tuck in the sides as you finish. Tie each roll with 3 pieces of kitchen twine, securing ends and then wrapping in the middle. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken: heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Sear the chicken roll-ups on all sides, cooking in 2 batches, until they are cooked through and golden brown, 12- 15 minutes. Allow the rolls to sit 5 minutes before removing the twine and slicing each into 4 or 5 pieces. Top with the remaining duxelles and garnish with the parsely. Serve with the sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market