- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch; slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch; slices
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges*
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Tabasco green pepper sauce**
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil***
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients except the parmesan cheese. Pour zucchini mixture into a medium sized casserole dish, top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated 425 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.
- Recipe Notes: *Use whatever type of tomatoes you would like. Even large cherry tomatoes, halved, would be great in this dish (You would probably use 8-10). **It is important that you use the green Tabasco sauce rather than the other kinds, it adds a wonderful flavor! ***You may substitute 1 teaspoon dried basil for the fresh if necessary.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market