- 1/2 to 1 cup butter (1-2 sticks)
- 4-6 large stick celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped (we recommend red onion)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1-2 cans 8 oz. can water chestnuts, chopped
- 3-5 green apples, chopped in cubes
- Lots of pepper or to taste
- Lots of garlic or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Lots of Italian seasoning (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1 small loaf of gluten free bread (we recommend Raisin bread)
- In a large skillet pan, melt the butter. Add celery, onion, parsley, and seasonings ... saute.
- When onions are clear add water chestnuts and apples. Simmer on low heat while you toast the bread.
- Cut the bread into cubes and place on a cookie sheet. Brown in oven at broil until crispy brown. Take bread and place in a large bowl, then pour mixture from pan over bread and stir until well mixed together. Save the left-over butter residue in the bottom of the saute pan. Set aside to cool a bit.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market