- 1/2 pound salmon fillet
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of Creole seasoning
- 3 Specialty sausages
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano
- 1/2 cup grated pargigiana-reggiano
- splash of light whipping cream
- dash of salt
- fistful of shredded basil
- Sautee a half-pound fillet of wild-caught salmon, after marinating it in fresh lime juice and Creole seasoning, in excellent olive oil, and a touch of salt. Sautee on high heat for three minutes on each side. Refrigerate for use the next day.
- Cook three sausages in an inch of water in a small pan in a 400° oven, for about thirty minutes. Drain from the water and sauté the sausages. Set aside for use later.
- * Line a pie pan with parchment paper. Lay down your favorite fresh herbs (I used fresh thyme). This will be the top of the frittata.
- Mix the eggs, cheeses, cream, salt, and basil in an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add the sausages and pieces of salmon to the egg mixture and stir gently.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan. Bake at a 400° oven for 25 minutes or so. Let the frittata sit for five minutes and watch it sag into the finished piece.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market