- 1 cup butter
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped (Ghirardelli is recommended)
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups gluten-free flour blend (xanthan gum is not necessary, but wonÄôt hurt if your blend has it. We used quinoa flour, sweet rice flour and arrowroot startch)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups roughly chopped gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo type, with peppermint, if you can get them), approx. 18
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch tin or line it with foil or paper and grease lightly.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together butter and chocolate. Whisk in sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract (if using), then turn off heat. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, waiting until each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Stir in flour and cocoa powder until mixture is uniform. Stir in Oreos and pour batter into prepared tin. Crush 3-4 additional Oreos finely and sprinkle on top of batter (optional).
- Bake for about 35 minutes (mine took 35 as well), until a skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs, but not coated with batter.
- Cool brownies completely, then slice.36 brownies or 48 small ones.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market