- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bags cranberries (or about six cups)
- 1 tbsp citrus honey
- zest of one orange
- Bring the orange juice and sugar to a boil. When it is rapidly boiling, add the cinnamon stick and cranberries. Turn the heat to low and stir the cranberries, constantly, at first.
- After ten minutes or so, the cranberries will start to pop and break down. Continue to stir, but a little less frequently now. Leave the pot uncovered to speed the process along.
- After about half an hour, the cranberries will have popped, released their liquid, and started to reduce. At this point, add the honey and the orange zest, then pour the mixture into a casserole dish and spread it all out to one layer. Refrigerate overnight.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market