- 4 Äì 8 oz bars of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream (for topping)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (for topping)
- ½ tsp of almond extract (for topping)
- Juice from ½ a lemon (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together cream cheese, granulated sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla with a beater until smooth and pour into the unbaked crust. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While that is baking, prepare the topping.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a bowl;sour cream, sugar, almond extract and lemon juice. After the first 30 minutes of baking, remove the cheesecake and spoon the topping onto the cheesecake. Be careful not to overfill the pan.
- Return the cheesecake to the oven and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes. You may want to place a piece of foil under the cheesecake just to catch any drippings. Cooking times can vary dramatically depending upon the amount of topping you choose to use. Watch to see when it starts to solidify but donÄôt let it stay in so long that the crust begins to burn.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market