Makes 2 servings
This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 jalapeño pepper, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (GF use LaChoy)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
- Extra cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 475°F. Pat the fish dry, season lightly with salt and pepper, and lay in a 9x9-inch or 8x8-inch ceramic or glass baking dish.
- Put the garlic, grated ginger, chopped jalapeño, and cilantro in a small food processor with the white wine, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Whir until blended. (Alternately, you can finely chop or mash the aromatics in a mortar and pestle, then whisk together with the liquid ingredients.)
- Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through. It will be very moist and even a little gelatinous, still.
- Serve immediately over brown rice or orzo, garnished with the additional scallions and cilantro.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market