Makes 8 slices
NOTES : Sliced smoked Hungarian sausage or pepperoni may be substituted for the bratwurst.
- 6 - 8oz. Spicy Fresh Bratwurst (See Note)
- 1 Gooseberries prepared 12-Inch Thin-Style Pizza Crust
- 2/3 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, preferably a sweet German- Style
- 4 oz shredded Swiss Cheese (About 1 Cup)
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese (About 1 Cup)
- 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- Remove casings from bratwurst. Cook in skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up meat as needed, until cooked through and crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread pizza crust with prepared pizza sauce. Sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt. Distribute sauerkraut evenly over crust. Mix cheese together and distribute evenly over pizza. Arrange bratwurst over crust and top with mushrooms, green peppers, onions and olives.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned around edges. Cut into wedges.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market