- 2 heads red cabbage
- 2 large white onions
- 3 cloves of garlic (or less if you aren't a garlic fan)
- 1 cup sweet cream
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp Thyme
- 2 tbsp Caraway seeds
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound white hard cheese
- 1/3 cup oil (olive oil adds a little more flavour but your oil of preference can be used.
- Boil eggs until hard. Shred cabbage - you can do this in your food processor if you have one. Shred cheese.
- Chop eggs into small pieces. Chop garlic and onion into small pieces.
- Mix oil, cream, garlic and spices together. Add cabbage and cheese to the oil and cream mixture - toss. Sprinkle with parsley and a litte more cayenne pepper.
- Put in refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with chopped eggs before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market