- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb. Gooseberries German Pork and Beef Sausage Brats cooked and, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2-inch circles
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 4 cups or one 8oz. package shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 medium tart red apples, cored and chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook Brats until nearly done.
- In a large, heavy nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add Brats and sauté until lightly browned cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, except apples. Mix well.
- Gently stir in apples.
- Reduce heat, cover and gently simmer 10-12 minutes or until apples are crisp tender and sausage is hot throughout.
- Serve over hot rice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market