Gluten Free notes
- 3 1/2 pounds slender garnet yams or other yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes; about 2 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Peel yams; cut 1 inch off ends. Coarsely grate enough of yam ends to measure 1/2 cup; set aside for streusel. Discard remaining ends. Cut remaining whole yams into 1/3-inch-thick rounds. Arrange yam rounds in 4 overlapping lengthwise rows in prepared baking dish.
- Bring 1/2 cup water, maple syrup, butter, and cider vinegar to boil in small saucepan. Stir in 1 teaspoon coarse salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour maple syrup mixture over yams. Cover baking dish tightly with foil.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market