Makes 6-8 servings
*Recipe may be doubled without increasing the baking time.This recipe is Gluten Free.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 Äì 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic and rice for about 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat and pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Stir in the remaining chicken broth and bake, covered, for another 30 minutes. Stir in a splash of lemon, cover, and bake a final 15 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market