Makes 4 servings
- Boneless Beef Ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook the steaks for 2 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F; medium, 160 degrees; well-done, 170 degrees F). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 2 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside. Add mushrooms and remaining butter to skillet; sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over high heat until liquid is absorbed. Add reserved garlic. Serve over steaks.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market