Makes 4 servings
- 2 lbs catfish fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix beaten egg and Worcestershire sauce. Dip catfish fillets into egg mix, then roll in cornmeal and coat well. Lay them in a single layer on a sheet of wax paper.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Add the cloves of garlic and stir to blend. Add the fillets, one at a time.
- Brown for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market