Makes 4 servings
Dijon mustard and lemon peel give the dressing lots of zip. This salad can also be spooned into pita halves.Per serving: calories, 201; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 16 mg.
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 6-ounce can solid white tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 15- to 16-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed, drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Maui)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon peel in small bowl to blend.
- Toss tuna with lemon juice in large bowl. Add garbanzo beans, onion, celery, tomatoes, parsley and yogurt dressing to bowl. Toss to blend. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market