Makes 4 servings
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil
- In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add beans; toss to coat.
- Place tomatoes in a serving bowl. Top with onion.
- Sprinkle with basil and remaining salt and pepper.
- Top with bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Toss just before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market