Makes 8 servings
- 1 ½ pounds cubed beef stew meat
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 -14.5 oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1- 14 oz can beef broth
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¾ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp Dijon-style prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine meat and flour in a large plastic food storage bag and toss to coat evenly.
- In a 6 quart saucepan, brown meat in hot vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, carrots, potatoes and thyme. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover; and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Blend in mustard and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market