- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp grated lime rind
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Small hot peppers (optional)
- In medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, maple syrup, ketchup, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, crushed red-pepper flakes, black pepper, lime rind, and salt. Makes about 1 cup. Set aside.
- Pour 3/4 cup of Firecracker Sauce over kabobs in baking dish. Reserve 1/4 cup for brushing the kabobs as they cook. Let kabobs stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Grill kabobs about 4 inches above heat source for 5 minutes, turning frequently. Brush kabobs with reserved Firecracker Sauce. Cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until desired doneness is reached.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market