- 12 oz. pasta, fettuccine, dried
- 6 oz. goat cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, fresh, chiffonade, packed
- 1 dried red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 oz. shrimp, uncooked, peeled, deveined, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Black olives, oil-cured for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes or until al dente.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the goat?s cheese, tomatoes and basil; season with salt and dried red pepper flakes.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the olive oil; when warm add the garlic and shrimp and gently poach in the oil, for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Drain pasta and add to mixing bowl with tomatoes, cheese and basil; add the shrimp and oil and toss; adjust the seasoning and garnish with black olives.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market