Makes 8 Servings (2 1/2 quarts)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 oz Pancetta, finely diced Äì available in the BoarÄôs Head Case
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (49 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 oz) Cheese Tortellini Äì available in the Dairy Case
- 1 can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 8 oz fresh spinach, stemmed & chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp. Add onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook one more minute. Add broth and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to the package directions; drain. Add cooked tortellini to the soup mixture. Stir in tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cheese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market