- 6 large green bell peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- 1 ½ pounds mild Italian sausage
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce and ½ can water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 slices stale white bread
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and blanch in boiling water 2/3 minutes. Drain well and place in large pyrex baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, remove sausage from casing (or use Gooseberries homemade bulk Italian sausage) and crumble into skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes. Crumble ground chuck into skillet cooking completely, about 3- 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, oregano, garlic powder, tomato sauce and water, stir and simmer for about 5 minutes. Break bread into small chunks in a large bowl and add cheese and paprika.
- Combine both mixtures and stir until combined. Heap mixture into peppers, Cover with foil perforated with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market