Makes 10 servings
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup egg beaters
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 pound light cream cheese
- 1 and ½ cups espresso
- 24 ladyfingers
- 2 tsp rum
- ¼ cup shaved chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Beat eggs and sugar together, until thick and pale. Add cheese and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until combined.
- In a small shallow dish, mix remaining espresso and rum.
- Dip each ladyfinger into mixtureÄìonly about 5 seconds to avoid getting soggy
- Arrange in 13x9 baking dishÄìbreak in half to fill bottom if needed.
- Spread half the cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers, and top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hours, and up to 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market