Makes 2 servings
- 6 medium Wisconsin potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 4 cups water, or enough to cover potatoes
- 1medium chopped onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 can (12 oz.) light evaporated skim milk, undiluted
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese spread
- Salt to taste
- Combine potatoes and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over HIGH heat for 20 minutes or until tender. Mash coarsely. Add onions and other vegetables and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Add milk to chowder; simmer until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir until cheese spread has completely dissolved. Serve hot. Substituting potatoes for noodles in Beef Stroganoff gives this dish a flavor and nutrition boost.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market