You can substitute another type of cheese in place of the Swiss to create a different flavor combination. If you do not like the taste of Miracle Whip, you can use your favorite mayonnaise instead.
- 1 pound Gooseberries bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- Miracle Whip, to taste
- shredded lettuce, to taste
- chopped tomatoes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 13X9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix together bacon and cheese and spread evenly in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together Bisquick, 1 cup Miracle Whip, milk and eggs. When well blended, pour on top of the bacon-cheese mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden along the edges and a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.
- Allow each diner to top the casserole with Miracle Whip, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes to taste.
- Do not spread with Miracle Whip until ready to eat, otherwise the crust will turn soggy.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market