- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, red chile pepper, brown sugar, and fennel seeds and cook until onion is tender and sugar has melted.
- Mix in ketchup and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market